Day of Reflection for Girls Set for May 21st
Sister Paulina Hurtado, O.P., Episcopal Representative for Religious and Associate Director of Vocations, has planned a “Called by Name to a Resurrection Trail Hike” Day of Reflection for girls between the ages of 14-18, on Saturday, May 21, 2022, at the National Shrine of Our Lady of La Salette in Attleboro. The cost to attend is $10. Interested participants are asked to RSVP Sr.Paulina@dioc-fr.org by Friday, May 13, 2022. Come and invite along another friend and share this in your social media.
The Wonder of My Youth
Exploring the mystery of human existence:
- Who I am, my place in the world and what I offer to the world right now…
- My innate passion and sensibility described as intellectual curiosity, compassion, passion for life, beauty and justice
- My yearning for freedom that transcends hard social realities for a life of beauty and authenticity as agent for God in history
- My attention to the common good
- My becoming an Agent of God for shaping a better world as Partners of life and mission…?
“Everyone is invited by Jesus to enter the kingdom first announced to the children of Israel. Jesus’ invitation comes in the form of parables, a characteristic feature of his teaching. Through his parables he invites people to the feast of the kingdom, but he also asks for a radical choice: to gain the kingdom, one must give everything. Words are not enough; deeds are required… One must enter the kingdom, that is, become a disciple of Christ, in order to ‘know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven.’ For those who stay ‘outside,’ everything remains enigmatic.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, nos. 543, and 546.)
For More Information:
Please contact Sr. Paulina Hurtado, O.P., Office for Religious at 508-675-1311 or by e-mail: Sr.Paulina@dioc-fr.org