Today, parishes throughout the Fall River Diocese join with those around the world to observe World Mission Sunday. We are called through our Baptism to be part of the Church’s missionary efforts, through prayer, self-sacrifice, and support of the Mission Church through material aid. Participation in World Mission Sunday helps make possible the work of mission priests, religious Sisters and Brothers, and lay catechists who are Christ’s witnesses to a world so in need of His healing, love, and peace.
Pope Francis reminds us that in Baptism we are all called by the Lord to be His missionaries: “You shall be my witnesses” (Acts 1:8). When you contribute to the World Mission Sunday collection, you make it possible for the Pope to provide mission support to:
• 844,000 catechists teaching the faith
• 258,540 Religious Sisters caring for children and families
• 38,140 seminarians preparing for the priesthood
• 26 million children in primary schools
• 12,000 clinics caring for the sick and dying
• 8,750 homes for orphaned children and the elderly
Your prayers are most treasured, and they, along with financial help offered today, WORLD MISSION SUNDAY, answer Christ’s call to be His witnesses.
Learn more about World Mission Sunday